May 30, 2008

You won't believe this -- I am about to actually post a stitching update! Okay, well, maybe I haven't done any stitching, but here is a stitching picture :-)

All the work i've done this week for the Cross Stitch Magazine Database & Blog has made me really nostalgic for stitching. I have not stitched in a long time, but I am feeling like it may happen again soon. As part of my self-motivation, I decided to take a picture of my WIP that I've been working on off an on for two years now. It is a design by Julie Hasler. It appears in her book, Native American Cross-Stitch, as well as in the 2nd issue of Cross Stitch Gold from 2001.

Since the last time I took a picture, I can see that I've made considerable progress. There was a good month last summer where i was working on it pretty much everyday, so that had an impact. This weekend I plan to go through my floss that I have for it and fill in some gaps; I know the last couple of times I did pick it up there were certain colors that I did not have, so had to jump around a lot. I don't like doing that in principle if I can help it. I'll share an update when I actually start working on it again.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I was also not stitching for a couple of years too but I've jumped back in - it's actually fun again.

Melissa G. said...

Wow, you have made a LOT of progress! She's looking great. I know you've got a lot of other things going on, and it's cool to see a stitching update too!

Shalini said...

It's coming along really well! I remember seeing this one when you had brought it. I, too, have been stitching more now. I finished the Angel of Love recently.

Kelley said...

It looks terrific Taneya. Here's to getting your stitching mojo back.!