February 3, 2006

It has been so long since I last posted (almost a month) that I hardly know where to start!

Right after my last post, I got sick. I went to the clinic one day because I was having difficulty breathing, was having terrible coughing episodes, etc and I was diagnosed with bronchitis. Two inhalers, two anitbiotics and three weeks later I finally recovered. That was a hard sickness on me - I couldn't even drive because I was worried about what would happen if I had a coughing spell while driving (they were pretty bad). I did not feel like stitching much and of course, my whole Body For Life program was nixed because I could not exert myself.

But, here we are almost a month later and I am fine. I plan to start BFL all over again starting on Monday. I made good progress in the 10 days I was on it, so I don't doubt I'll be able to get back on the wagon.

Stitching wise, I do have a couple of updates:

  • I worked on my chinese 100 Fu Characters some and did several more of the characters. This one stitches fairly easily - I just ran out of 973 so I put it back down.
  • World Peace Angel - it had been awhile since I stitched on her and my round of stitching this time was all PB02 Rainbow Treasure thread. This design uses a lot of metallic and it's so pretty!
  • I bought SEVERAL new magazines and have my eye on three designs I plan to kit. I will of course post when I get those started
  • And, I have not done any work on the magazine database. But, I am sure I will in time
I also got back into my family genealogy while I was recovering from the bronchitis. I had been wanting to put the information I have all online for awhile now, but did not find software that I thought was good enough. Well, I finally found an excellent software program that uses PHP and MySQL. It is amazing! So, I finally created my family site. It is at http://www.taneya-kalonji.com/family. Now that it is online, I have been able to share it with family and they have been SO helpful in helping me add/correct information and the database has doubled in size! I am very excited. And, I have been able to find new ancestors as I rejoined Ancestry.com and have been thoroughly searching the census records.

Before last week, the furthest back I could go with my ancestors was great-great-great grandmother on my father's side - she was born around 1860. I have now found an ancestor that was born around 1812. I am definitely in slave times now and this will make my research much more difficult -- but I also know it will make it much more rewarding when I do find out new information. This is my relationship chart to my ancestor the most generations back (though, not the earliest born ancestor) So, we will see what this weekend brings. I do plan to start a new project (like I need another one) and continue my genealogical quest. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you with the bronchitis, I had it in October along with flu and sinusitis. I thought it was just a really bad cold until I climbed the stairs and could hardly breathe at the top. No inhaler, but lots of antibiotics and my GP told me that if it wasn't for the fact I had nobody to look after my Daughter, he'd have admitted me to hospital. I still had to take her to nursery every day, just so she could get out and have some fun. It took me all of November to recover and December I was just shattered.
I've never been so ill, 3 awful illnesses together, I never want that again.
I hope you feel much better soon.

JudySC said...

I just made a quick visit to your genealogy pages and Wow! What a super way to store and organize and present your information! I haven't paid attention to my family tree stuff in ages but now I'm wondering just where/when did I leave off? Take a bow!