January 15, 2008

I'm so proud of myself! I just created my first Java applications! Okay - the code was all of one line, but hey - gotta start somewhere right?

This comes about from the fact that I am taking a computer science course this semester that will teach us how to program in Java. The instructor of the course stresses however, that the course is about how to solve problems using computers. The Java language is just the tool we are going to use to solve those problems. Should be quite interesting....

In other news, Miles came in 2nd place in his school spelling bee. Way to go Miles! We also went to Talladega this weekend to visit family and had a good time. Poor Kaleya did not want to leave her cousin - she had a blast playing with him all weekend.

Oh! And I almost forgot to post this -- I have been reading the Golden Compass books and just love them! A couple of nights ago I finished the second book in the series, The Subtle Knife, but it will probably be the weekend before I can start the third one, The Amber Spyglass. I find the writing of these books to be quite good and I become so engaged in the storyline. I haven't seen the Golden Compass movie, and I was wanting to wait until I finished all three books, but I'm afraid that if I wait much longer, I'll miss it being in the movie theaters. I hope to try and see it over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: