December 9, 2006

Well, as my cousin has pointed out to me, I am horribly behind in updating my blog. Why does it seem I can never find the time to do this! In any case, here is an update on what's been going on the past few weeks:

- We are in the holiday spirit big time! For the first time, I purchased a Christmas Tree! We have it up by our front window and it looks so nice all lit and decorated! Kalonji's mom has for the past two years asked me if I was going to get a tree "for the baby." And, despite Kalonji having adopted Islam as a religion, he is still into trees big time, so we got one. I'm so proud. We also have a wreath hanging on the front door. Happy Holidays!

- Kalonji got a job! He's been relaxing since we moved back, taking some time off and staying home with Kaleya. But last week he started a position at a center in town that provide programs and services for the homeless. It is exactly the kind of position he wanted, something socially responsible, and so far, he's enjoying it.

- along that vein, because he got a job, Kaleya started daycare again this week. It has been a trying week and I'm starting to really understand the phrase "terrible two". We've put a lot of change on her this week and her reaction has not been most favorable. She does like the daycare though and has fun while there, that much I know. But the changes have been a bit much on her, so I just know I'll have to bear through it until she gets used to it.

-My hobby of choice these past few weeks has been genealogy. I'm back on that for awhile and I even went to the State Library today to do some research. Not so much for me, but for a friend of mine. I like to work on other people's trees to, so it was cool to be there. I'll post more about that on my genealogy blog later.

-And, last but not least, my brother's newest son was born tonite! His name is Ajoni Keon Koonce (hope I spelled it right) and I don't have any details now, but I bet you anything, my next post will have his picture and birth details. Whoo hoo! He arrived at about 6:30ish pm EST.

1 comment:

Shalini said...

Congrats to Kalonji on the new job. I remember you talked about him wanting to do something similar.
Ah, the Terrible Twos. We seem to be skipping that, actually. I'm very thankful.