December 7, 2005

I have several things to blog about today...

1. Happy Dance! I finished another project last night. It is the Name Above Every Name that I blogged about when I started it a couple of weeks ago. This is going to a family friend and crazy as it sounds, I am contemplating stitching it again for ANOTHER person as Christmas present. Haven't committed to that yet - may just end up doing an ornament for her! This picture is not the best as the fabric is draped over the edge of our fireplace, so it looks a little crooked adn weird -- A Name Above Every Name.

2. I am South Beaching again-- even started a new blog. Today is Day 6 and so far I have done VERY well! Hmm.. let me revise that. Up until lunchtime today I had done very well - i cheated a few hours ago and had two pieces of a desert I made last night for Kalonji. bad girl. But, i succummbed to the craving, now I feel like I can get back on track. So far, I do feel it is working again. I don't have a scale right now, so I can't obessively weigh myself every day like I was before. However, doing the blogging is going to keep me on track b/c i'm putting it out there on the world wide web for anyone to know about, so I have to follow my plan :-)

3. My brother-in-law is a record artist. Kalonji's brother likes to rap and last week he gave us one of his CD's from his group. There are 5 of them collectively known as Death Squad Records, so that was interesting. I like his CD and I've never know anyone to ever actually make a CD. Very cool. I'm a HUGE rap music fan, I LOVE rap music. Chris Rock has in one of his routines that you will never find a girl that likes Wu-Tang Clan and Seinfeld -- well, you've found her. Wu-Tang Clan's first CD was the first CD I ever bought once I decided to make the switch my freshamn year of college from cassette to CDs. Love them.

4. NBC is offering video through iTUNES -- this could push me over the edge -- I have been watching internet television iniatives for a few years now and this could be it! They have already provided more than 300 shows and plan to add more. Each show will cost around $1.99 - i could easily see myself spending anywhere from $20-$30/month with this if the content expands enough. My only dilemma is making sure I do adqauate backups as Apple does not give you the content you have purchased again if something like a computer crash occurs and you lose everything. (unless that has changed - i have to look it up).

No comments: