October 27, 2005

We are back from San Juan, Puerto Rico!! I had to go over the weekend to San Juan for a job conference (Southern Chapter/Medical Library Association for those who are interested) and was able to take Kalonji and Kaleya along. We had a great time. Not only was the conference well worth it, but we even had time on Monday afternoon to do quite a bit of sightseeing and I took a ton of pictures of course.

We left on Friday morning and the airplane trip went well - Kaleya had absolutely no problems with the flight which I am very thankful for. She slept most of the way and back. I unfortunately experienced problems with the pressure in my head not equalizing out and it was so painful. I ended up resorting to breathing (as in the breathing techniques i learned for labor) to get through the pain. I usually don't have this problem, so I was a bit bewildered. This happened both on the way there and the way back.

But, we arrived safely and stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel on Isla Verde Island. Me and my sketchy spanish did fairly well through the weekend and though english is spoken there, I did run into people who spoke no english, so that made for interesting times. It rained every day we were there (except Monday) at least a couple hours a day. So, we only ventured out for a couple hours at a time. Then, Monday afternoon after all the conference activity was over, we took the public bus over to Old San Juan and walked the whole area. It was nice to see the old city and just have some time to explore. Then, Tuesday morning, we got back on the plane to come home.

So, of course I have pictures -- there are two sets so far - general pictures and then those pictures taken in the Old San Juan area.

I was able to get some stitching in and plan to post a picture of what I've been working on sometime next week. Tomorrow, I am heading back to Nashville for a couple of days as we are having a special colloquium at work so I am reporting back in to attned that. So, until the weekend enjoy the pictures of Puerto Rico!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I found my way to your blog after reading another. I'm sorry to hear you had problems with your ears on your flights.
I used to work as a flight attendant until I had my Daughter. I don't know if you've ever heard of Karvol or olbas oil (they both come in droplet form) and they are a completely natural herbal oil to help you breathe. I always carried Karvol with me on flights (still do as a passenger) in case such sinus problems occurred. All you need to do is have a hankie, a proper one works best (or a napkin) and put a couple of drops on this and just breathe in the aroma through your nose. This will help to ease the pain you feel in your sinuses and should eventually help to clear. If it doesn't clear, it will help ease the pain.

Please feel free to take a look at my blog, I don't post on blogspot as I can't seem to get photos up, so my blog is hosted here: http://spaces.msn.com/members/StitchingThoughts/

Happy Stitching

Heather