July 15, 2007

I am amassing quite the library for Kaleya; it started with my boss giving me many books that her daughter has outgrown, plus, my mother is now collecting books on her behalf and sending them to us. My instructions to my mother: pretty, colorful pictures. Tonight, I read one of the books, The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base. It was a great read! I saw one of Graeme's other books at the bookstore a couple of months ago and loved his art. It actually reminded me of another book I used to read when I was younger, about 12 years old, but I can't remember the name of that book. It too was a mystery book, treasure hunt but it had a real prize buried somewhere and I think it involved bees. I've got to find that now!

1 comment:

Melissa G. said...

I remember that wonderful, gorgeous book! Sometimes I really miss working at the library and seeing all the wonderful children's (and adult) books that come across the desk... :)